About Environmental Services
We are the premier provider throughout the northeast, of environmental project design and monitoring services. Our comprehensive skill set includes inspection (survey), remediation design, monitoring, coordination of analysis and results reporting for asbestos and lead-based paint, as well as sampling and evaluation of water and indoor air quality. We’re guided by Delta’s core principles: aligning our priorities with those of our clients, developing our employees into leaders, maintaining the highest ethical standards, and making environmentally responsible choices.
Why choose us?
- Fast response
We pride ourselves on providing our expertise when you need it most. If and when an emergency calls for immediate assessment, sampling, and analysis, we have the technical knowledge and staffing levels to respond quickly and wisely.
- Proven quality
Our senior staff conducts a thorough review of all deliverables to ensure that our timeliness is matched by impeccable quality. Because of that focus, we are proud to have earned the distinction of ISO 9001:2008 certification for Quality Management Systems.
- Exceptional staff
The leadership of our Environmental Services team has been working together since 1990. They lead a team of 16 full-time asbestos-certified professionals, unlike the seasonal or part-time employees at other firms.
- Precision equipment
We offer a comprehensive array of cutting-edge tools for environmental sampling and analysis. Our in-house, real-time monitoring devices set us apart, and we take the extra step of ensuring that our equipment is calibrated to manufacturer’s specifications for compliance with ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- One-stop shopping for multi-disciplinary support
We have the capacity and expertise to handle environmental assessment, abatement design, inspection, and monitoring for residential structures, offices, and multi-phase projects for universities and municipalities. Our project managers work closely with your facility’s staff to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local municipality regulations and requirements.
- Satisfied repeat customers
The biggest indicator of our success is the wide range of customers who rely on us for their new and ongoing needs. We have active term agreements with universities such as Cornell and Colgate, government agencies such as the U.S. Postal Service and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, municipalities such as the City of Binghamton and Broome County, and private companies such as BAE Systems Electronic Solutions and Lockheed Martin. We are equally capable of addressing the needs of smaller organizations and individual clients.
For additional information on Delta’s Environmental Services, please contact:
Stephen M. Prislupsky
Director of Environmental Services
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulatory requirements
- New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) regulatory requirements PA Department of Labor and Industry (PADLI)
- Preparation of site-specific variances
- Air sample collection and analysis
- Project monitoring and inspection services
- Field collection of bulk samples per PADLI / NYSDOL / EPA / Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Details of material condition and quantity
- Preparation of pre-renovation / pre-demolition asbestos survey reports
- Inspections via on-site X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) sampling and QA/QC paint chip sample collection/analysis, and survey report generation
- Lead wipe / soil / air sampling
- Risk assessments
- Lead remediation design
- Baseline Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) studies, including microbiological sampling (airborne and bulk, viable and non-viable) and collection of baseline environmental parameters (e.g., temperature, relative humidity, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide)
- Additional IAQ studies, including testing for formaldehyde, nuisance dust, respirable particulates, and sewer gas (H2S)
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) IAQ testing
- Radon air sampling
- Laminate flooring formaldehyde testing
- Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) sample collection and analysis
- Toxicity characteristic leaching procedure (TCLP) waste stream sampling
- Noise exposure monitoring
- Air sampling for personal or area lead exposure
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) testing
- Silica exposure monitoring
- Process-specific exposure assessments
- Design of environmental controls
- Permit-required wastewater sampling
- State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) outfall discharge monitoring
- EPA compliance
- New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) compliance
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDOEC) compliance
- Confined space monitoring
- Exposure monitoring
- Work practices
- Engineering controls
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) programs
- Signs and labels
- Soil Vapor Intrusion (SVI) air sampling
- Surface water withdrawal permits
- Compliance with New York State Department of Environmental Compliance
- New York State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR) compliance
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection compliance
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure (SPCC)
- State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (SPDES) permits
- Contaminated site evaluations and remediation
- Storm drainage systems / stormwater management
- Stream encroachment permits